Monday, June 23, 2014

The Ranch


The Riverside Livestock Ranch near LaBarge, Wyoming has been a gathering place for our extended Jones family for years.  My brothers and sister and I spent most of every summer there when we were kids.  My grandpa, Harold Guy Jones (known as Guy Jones), bought the ranch in 1946 with another family named the Taylors.  I don't know the history of how the Jones family acquired the entire ranch but I know we have owned it for many years...at least as long as I've been alive.  Guy's four sons, Grayson, Harold, Bruce, and Cecil bought the ranch from their dad and 2 families (Bruce's and Cecil's) stayed up there year round to ranch.  The background picture of this blog is another picture of the ranch.

Thanks to my cousin, Chirelle Weaver, for the picture

Last weekend much of the Jones family once again gathered at the ranch for a huge family reunion.  There is a great deal of strength and love in this large family.  My first cousins know each other quite well because we were often taken to the ranch when we were kids...even the California and Texas cousins visited quite often.  It's estimated that there were about 140 people in attendance.

No comments:

Post a Comment