Friday, July 11, 2014

Take a Family Name to the Temple! Another Challege

Have you ever found a family name to take to the temple so you can do their ordinance work?  I know Easton has.  I have and it's a very cool thing.  I found a woman, Grace Davis, who is my 6th great-grandmother.  She and her husband, William Sanger, are the first two names I found when I started doing research.  It was VERY EXCITING!


There are 6 ordinances that our ancestors need to have performed for them in the temple: 1) baptism, 2) confirmation, 3) initiatories, 4) endowment, 5) sealed to parents, 6) sealed to spouse.  I stood proxy for Grace in each of the ordinances performed for her and now I feel like I somehow know her a little bit.  I can't WAIT to meet her after I die.

Which ordinance do you think I felt the spirit most powerfully while I was performing it for her?  Her confirmation!  When the temple worker spoke the words, "I confirm you a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints," I felt this amazing, powerful feeling and a HUGE rush of joy that I believe came from Grace.  It was a very special experience for me and I think that Grace is overjoyed to finally be a member of Christ's church.  No doubt she has been taught the gospel in the Spirit World and I believe she has been waiting for the opportunity to belong to this church.  Grace was born in 1723 at a time when Christ's church had been taken from the earth so she had no chance of finding it during her lifetime.

Here's YOUR chance to find a family name of one of our ancestors to take to the temple.  I've already done some of the work for you and so I know this person's temple work needs to be done.  The challenge: all you have to do is go find John Kelbrick on Family Search, click on "request ordinances", print out a request form, then take it to the temple and do the baptism and confirmation for them.  There's also a $5.00 reward for the person who accomplishes this first.




You need to get on Family Search and do the hunting to find him.  I'll give you a hint, look at Mary Grayson's ancestors (she's my grandma.)  After you've found John Kelbrick and completed his baptism and confirmation (girls, you can print the name and ask your dad, brothers, or husband to do the temple work) then post in the comment section to let me know it's done.  I'll go to Family Search and be able to see that his baptism and confirmation are completed and then I'll send you the cash!  Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Nice job, David! It had some duplicates that you cleaned up. Can't wait for you to be proxy for John Kelbrick in the temple!

      Delete